Friday, January 5, 2018

2018 GOALS

The new year is a time for new beginnings. It's a chance to take a look at what you've did over the previous year and make plans for the new year.

A lot of people make resolutions for the new year. I've never like the word resolutions. I've always thought of it as a weak word. Resolutions are easy to make and even easier to break. I gave up making resolutions years ago. Instead I set out my goals or my plan of action for the new year.

This year I've added two new things to my GOALS.

Motto for the New Year:
Live, Love, and Laugh each day as if it is the last!

Word for the New Year:
PRODUCTIVE

My 2018 Goals:

  1. Health
    • Walk more.
    • Avoid processed foods as much as possible.
    • Eat more protein, fruits and veggies.
  2. Writing
    • Create a writing/book schedule.
    • Write 10 books this year.
    • Continue posting blogs on a regular basis.
    • Post more to Instagram and Facebook.
  3. Other
    • Read 36 new books.
    • Purge, declutter and organize.
    • Have fun!
In some areas I've set the bar high, but that gives me something to reach for this year. Each month I'll break down the goals to make them more manageable. I also have several financial goals, but those tend to be the more uninteresting stuff, but something I am tackling this year.

To help me achieve my goals, I bought two Happy Planners because with the disc system I can incorporate the bullet journal layouts that I was using, but I don't have to spend the extra time creating monthly and weekly layouts. They are already done which leaves me time to focus on the other stuff. All I have to do each month is print out the layouts I'm adding in and I'm ready to go. I'm recreating the bullet journal layouts on the computer so I can just print them out.

One planner is just for writing related stuff. Being able to insert and take things out or just move them as needed will make future planning much easier. (I will post pictures.)  I've already added in monthly blog schedules for the first three months. I did post a picture of the blog sheet on Instagram.

The second planner is for everything else and journaling. This planner has a horizontal weekly layout. One of the layouts I had in my bullet journal was a daily summary. In this planner, I'll reserve the last three lines each day for summary/memory stuff. I have note inserts that I bought at Walmart (part of the IQ 360 line) which are perfect for grocery lists and other short lists. I can also take the note packs from Targets dollar section and punch them to use in the planner. I have an IQ 360 hole punch. And yes, I have stickers. You can't have a planner without stickers. LOL!