Sunday, August 6, 2017

Clothes Shopping is Such a Pain

I had to do one of the things I really, really hate to do this week. I had to go shopping for jeans. I'm going to be honest with you.

I HATE clothes shopping. Even as a teenager I hated to go clothes shopping.

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. At the day job, I wear jeans with dressier tops.
I have found myself wearing more t-shirts and athletic bottoms or leggings at home and on the weekends, especially when I curl up to write.

One of the biggest problems I have is that the sizes are not consistent. They are not consistent from store to store, brand to brand, or even different lines inside a brand. And I think jeans are even worse about this. I started with the size I know I wear and it was too big. So I had to grab a size smaller and it fit. Yes, I have lost some weight, but not enough to drop a whole dress size in jeans. The other problem is the waist. I don't need low riders, or mid-waist fits. I'm plus size and they don't work very well on my shape. I don't want jeans that fit below my belly button.

I managed to find three pair of jeans and a pair of crops that fit and have a "classic" waist that comes to just above the belly button. I saved the tags so that I can go on line and order a couple more pairs when I need them. Hopefully the sizes won't have changed.