Saturday, April 1, 2017

Random Thoughts: Swimming and Writing

Most people learn to swim at a very early age, but I never learned. My DH knows how to swim, and I made sure the child learned how to swim, but I never took the time to learn.

Growing up, swimming was not on the list of things to do, so I never had the opportunity to learn. My first experience with swimming was during my senior year in high school. On our senior trip, some of the guys thought I was joking when I said I couldn't swim. They threw me into the deep end of the pool. One of the guys realized I wasn't joking and pulled me out. It was  a long time before I even had the courage get into the shallow end of a pool.

Three weeks ago, I had my first swimming lesson. My instructor started with the basics of just learning to relax and float. By the end of my second lesson I was starting to float without any help. My third lesson was today. I started floating without holding on to the edge of the pool, and I actually managed to swim the backstroke. It was only a few strokes at time and it wasn't perfect, but I did it!

I need to disappear in to the writing cave. Surviving Ivy (Bryant Station Curves #8) is close to being finished. March was a tough month for me. I had some severe sinus problems that made one side of my face hurt. It's getting better, but it threw my writing schedule off.  But I'm getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment