Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving is Almost Here!

The weather is colder...well, at least a little cooler here in Texas...and everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving. This is the first holiday in the rental. So far, the smaller kitchen has been a bit of a challenge. There is almost no counter space, so it gets interesting when prepping meals.

Last night DH and I got the turkeys rubbed down so the spices can soak into them. DH will smoke them tomorrow as well as several hams. You probably noticed I said turkeys and hams, as in more than one of each. This year DH is smoking turkeys and hams for several friends and for the Child and his family.

In a little while, I need to venture out to the grocery store which is a real adventure during the holidays. That's why I plan to go early this morning to hopefully avoid the rest of the last minute shoppers.

I'm also working on Joy and Theo's story which is book 7 in the Bryant Station Curves series.  Since I scrapped the original beginning and started over, the story is flowing much better.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday.