Friday, January 2, 2015

Goals Instead of Resolutions for 2015

2015 is here!
It's a time for new beginnings and new goals.

I have looked at my goals from last year, and I'm proud of what I did achieve, but now I have to decide what I want to achieve this year.

Again this year my goals are broken into two categories: Personal and Writing.

Personal Goals
I need to learn to control/deal with the stress factors in my life. I let too many things stress me out. This year I need to learn to not let things get bother me like I have. Stress is a killer.

I plan to lose 30 to 40 pounds. This is an achievable goal. Several years ago, I lost enough weight to equal a person. Over the past few years, I've managed to keep it all off except for about 20 pounds. That weight needs to go along with about 100 pounds. I will still have a curvy physique after I lose this weight, but I will be much healthier and this is my ultimate goal. I have to make better food choices (lots of veggies) and use portion control. I also need to make sure to stay away with anything with sucralose in it. The stuff causes problems with my body. I also need to create an exercise program that works for me.

Writing Goals
I want to write 4 - 5 novellas and books this year and 3-4 shorts. This requires some planning on my part, possibly working on multiple projects, and creating a publication calendar.

What do I want to write?
Books 5 and 6 in the Bryant Station Curves series,
Books 1 and 2 in the Briary Creek Wolves series (Book 1 will be out this month),
Book 2 in the Reluctantly Undead series,
Several shorts which include a series for Christmas and a second series,
Book 1 of a sci-fi romance series (The characters are starting to drive me crazy. As soon as I have any free time like when I'm driving, the characters pop into my head and a story starts unfolding.)

I want to keep working on outlines and ideas. (The smartest thing I did was getting a separate book just for this.)

I working to improve my revision and editing process. This will always be an on-going process.

I have to work on marketing.

I need to work on blogging. I need to be more consistent with blogging.

I have a lot of goals to work on this year. Will I achieve each one 100%? I don't know. Life does happen, but I have goals to keep me focused.

What goals do you have for 2015?