Sunday, November 23, 2014

Counting Down to Thanksgiving

Just a few days ago, the temperatures were in the 40s during the day and we had freeze warning. Today, it is a completely different story. The temperatures are much higher, 60s to 70s with today getting up in the 80s. Friday and Saturday, we had thunderstorms. The rain cells came in waves. I was really glad for the rain, but I want cooler temperatures, especially for the holidays, but I don't think I'm going to get them.

Speaking of holidays, this week is going to be a really busy week.

  • The day job has me working on Monday and Tuesday, before I can get away for the holidays. I'm actually dreading the next two days. They are going to be crazy!!!
  • We will have a house full of guests for Thanksgiving, so the house has to be picked up and cleaned. It's unreal how two people can make such a big mess. You can tell where I've been writing in the living room or where we just put the mail down and went onto other things. It's scary!!!
  • I need to finish the outline for book 5 in the Bryant Station Curves series.
  • I have cookies and pies to bake, bread to make and other dishes to prep. DH is smoking the turkeys and the ham this year so that takes two big items of f my list, but I have to make the rub today for the turkeys. They have to marinate for a couple days so that they soaks up the flavor. DH will start smoking the turkeys on Wednesday.The ham is one of those pre-cooked, spiral cut numbers that has a brown sugar mix to go on it. The smoke will add a whole new level of flavor to it.
  • I need to finish the first book of the Briary Creek Wolves series. I have a self-imposed deadline.

There are tons of Black Friday ads on television. I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet. That will have to wait. Sorry, I don't do Black Friday shopping. The stores are too much of a madhouse. I would rather stay home.

The Child is among you who are traveling home this year for Thanksgiving. If you're traveling this year, be safe.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!